This Recipe will Elevate Your Tilapia to the Cloud Nine
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Tilapia somehow has become a popular fish in the country. Some people would rather have it roasted, grilled or even fried. They just added it will some sweet soy sauce or the local sambal. But have you tried to Nyat Nyat, a Balinese way to cook Tilapia.
Nyat Nyat has become a favorite way for Balinese to cook Tilapia. It's quite simple and the ingredients were so easy to find. This way of cooking will live the Tilapia a spicy yet savory taste. Without any further do let's check out the recipe.
- 1 kg tilapia
- 3 pcs lemon grass
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 5 cloves shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm turmeric
- 2 cm aromatic ginger
- 2 cm ginger
- 4cm galangal
- 4 pcs bird eye chili
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 1 ltr water
- Salt, sugar, chicken block (adjustable)
To marinate the fish:
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cm turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- Salt (adjustable)
- Ground all the ingredients to marinate the fish. Prepare your tilapia, clean it from the gill. Rinse it till it's clean.
- Marinate the fish with the ground ingredients appointed for at least 20 minutes.
- Once it's done fried the tilapia in a hot boil oil till it turn to golden brown.
- With around 2 tablespoon of cooking oil sautéed the all the ingredients left . Add the lemon grass and bay leaf 2 minutes after.
- Add the water, let it boil. Add the salt, sugar and chicken block, adjust the taste.
- For the last touch add the tilapia. Don't stirit too much, just put the gravy on top of the fish till the water left only 1/3 of it.
- Let it simmered for 20 minutes. And your Balinese Nyat Nyat Tilapia is ready to be served.
**) Dapatkan update informasi pilihan setiap hari dari TIMES Indonesia dengan bergabung di Grup Telegram TI Update. Caranya, klik link ini dan join. Pastikan Anda telah menginstal aplikasi Telegram di HP.
|Publisher||: Sholihin Nur|