Nasi Gurih Jeruk Purut, an Aromatic Way to Have Your Rice
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Nasi or rice has become a popular staple food in Indonesia. And the local community has hundreds ways to served their rice on the table. One of them is Nasi Gurih Jeruk Purut or Aromatic Savory Rice with Lime Leaves.
Nasi Gurih Jaruk Purut is a way of cooking rice with local herbs and spices especially coconut milk and lime leaves. It gives the rice nice fragrant which make your belly rumbling just by sniffing on it. So, without any further do let's check the recipe out.
- 600 gr rice
- 900 ml thick coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 pcs bay leaves
- 3 pcs lemon grass
- 4 pcs screwpine leaves
- 30 pcs lime leaves (minced)
- 4 tbs fried shallot
- Put the coconut milk, salt, bay leaf, screwpine leaves in a pan, bring them into a boil.
- Add the rice, simmered till all the water evaporated and the rice has a mushy texture.
- In a hot steamer, steam the rice for 30 minutes, before you turn of the stove, spread around the lime leaves. Mix it evenly.
- You could also choose an easier way by using rice cooker. Add all the ingredient into the rice cooker. Set the time just like when you cook a regular rice. This will be the simplest way to make this Nasi Gurih Jeruk Purut on your table.
**) Dapatkan update informasi pilihan setiap hari dari TIMES Indonesia dengan bergabung di Grup Telegram TI Update. Caranya, klik link ini dan join. Pastikan Anda telah menginstal aplikasi Telegram di HP.
|Publisher||: Sholihin Nur|