Easy Indonesian Sweet and Sour Vegetable Soup Recipe for Your Weekend
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Sayur asem or the Indonesian sweet and sour vegetable soup has become a common soup served by the local community on their table to accompany their dining. This soup is a perfect companion a hot day or whenever you catch a cold.
There are several variery of sayur asem in the country. Some of them will tend to have fish on their soup like those Kalimantan community has, and some prefer to just have variety of veggies in their soup like those Javanese and Jakarta Sayur Asem.
All the taste will be a refreshing and invigorating especially with the tamarind as one of the base ingredients. But today we would like to bring you some Javanese sayur asem recipe to your table. Let's check it out.
- A small bowl of gnemon leaf
- 5 pcs yard long bean (cut in 3 cm)
- 2 pcs carrot (diced)
- 1 sweet Japanese corn (cut for 10 or so)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 3 cloves shallot (slice)
- 2 cloves garlic (slice)
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 3 cm galangal Smashed
- 2 tbs tamarind extract
- 700 ml water
- Salt, sugar, chicken block (adjustable)
- Put the water in a pan, bring it to a boil. Simmered the corn for 5 minutes.
- Add the yard long bean and carrot, then season it with salt sugar and chicken block.
- Adjust the taste and let it simmered for another 5 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients left including the gnemon leaf, bay leaf, and tamarind extract which you can get by putting the tamarind on a hot boiling water.
- Adjust the taste let it simmered for another two minutes. And your sayur asem or Indonesian sweet and sour vegetable soup is ready to serve.
**) Dapatkan update informasi pilihan setiap hari dari TIMES Indonesia dengan bergabung di Grup Telegram TI Update. Caranya, klik link ini dan join. Pastikan Anda telah menginstal aplikasi Telegram di HP.
|Publisher||: Rizal Dani|