Homemade Putu Bamboo Recipe Just for You
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Putu Bamboo is an Indonesian traditional delicacy which was made out of merely rice flour as the main ingredient. This food has a nice delicate taste of sweet and savory, yet so comforting. However, this food has been scarcely found. There were only few people made this delicacy.
To your surprise, this food is quite easy to be made. Without the bamboo tube as the container of course. You could use some regular cupcake tube container to make it. So what about the recipe? Let's check it out.
- 400 gr rice flour
- 50 gr multipurpose flour
- 200 ml screwpine leaf water
- 1 tsp salt
- 200-250 gr ground palm sugar
- 300 gr grated coconut
- Pour all the flour into a cup. Mix them well and then steam it for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the screwpine leaf water, mix it. You can get the water by boiling the screwpine leaf with 200 ml of water.
- Add 1/2 tea spoon of salt and 50 gr of grated coconut, mix them evenly.
- When all is done, fill half of the container with the batter, layer it with palm sugar and then put another last cover with batter on top of it.
- Steam it for about 15-20 minutes. Set them aside, let it out of the container and serve it while hot.
- Don’t forget to add the rest of the grated coconut which has been added with some salt before. And your Putu Bambu is ready to be served.
|Publisher||: Lucky Setyo Hendrawan|