10 Health Benefits of Banana Blossom
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Banana blossom, which is also known as ‘ontong’ in Indonesia, is usually consumed by Indonesian people as a side dish. There are several ways to cook banana blossom. Usually, it is steamed and served with grated coconut.
It is also common to eat banana blossom in curries, stir-fried and fritters. It is also used as a filling in lumpia (spring rollls).
Banana blossom is not only delicious but also beneficial for our health. Some studies suggest that banana blossom is rich is vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin C and minerals such as phosphor, calcium and iron.
As a source of vitamins and minerals, banana blossom has several health benefits, such as:
1. Lowering the risk of stroke. You can drink the extract of banana blossom twice a day to prevent stroke.
2. Lowering cholesterol level. Banana blossom can absorb fats and bad cholesterol.
3. Improving digestion system as banana blossom is a good source of fiber.
4. Lowering blood sugar level in diabetic people. Banana blossom has a low glycemic index that can change glucose to energy.
5. Banana blossom is rich in fibers, carbs, protein, minerals and several vitamins such as beta-carotene and vitamin B1.
6. Banana blossom can make you feel full for a longer time due to its high level of fiber.
7. Improving blood circulation. Banana blossom has an anti-coagulant property that can prevent blood clot.
8. Preventing cancer. Banana blossom can be a good antioxidant that can fight free radicals.
9. Banana blossom has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, such as flavonoid.
10. Preventing mumps, as banana blossom contains high level of iodine. (*)
|Publisher||: Satria Bagus|