Have an Ultimate Taste of Crispy Chicken Skin with Sour and Spicy Sauce
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – For some people, chicken skin will be a gross thing to have. They tend to ditch it and let it as a waste. But to some, it will be their best food to have especially when it's cook till its crispy just like this crispy chicken skin with sour and sweet sauce.
Crispy chicken skin is a common food you could find in Indonesia. Doesn't mean that they gross, they just can't waste the delicious tasty crispy, crunchy and savory taste of it. Just like when you have best of the best nachos in your mouth.
Crispy chicken skin could be found easily on the local cafeteria, some street food stall to the local restaurants. But you could make it yourself in your home with the same taste but better hygiene and quality of course. Check the recipe out.
350 gram chicken skin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper powder
80 gram multi purpose flour
35 gram cornstarch
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp baking soda
For the sauce
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 slice of onion
- 6 cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp margarin
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
1. Put the chicken skin in a boiling water and boil it for 3-5 minutes. Add some salt and pepper during the process.
2. After it's done, rinse the chicken skin with cold water.
3. Beat the egg and add some salt.
4. Mix the cornstarch, multi ourpoae flour, garlic powder and baking powder. Mix it evenly.
5. Dip chicken skin into the beaten egg. And coated with the flour mixture.
6. Heat the pan and put the vegetables oil.
7. Fry the chicken skin with medium heat. Lower the heat once it half cooked till its crispy and golden brown.
8. In another pan, heat the margarin, garlic and onion.
9. Add tomato sauce and oyster sauce.
10. Add some water and vinegar cayenne pepper, mix it evenly.
11. Let the sauce thickened. After the sauce is thickened add the crispy chicken skin, mix it till all tge sauce coated them all.
And your crispy chicken skin with sour and sweet sauce is ready to serve. This will be a nice companion dish or snack during your movie time. (*)
|Publisher||: Sofyan Saqi Futaki|