How to Make Internet’s Favorite Drink, Dalgona CoffeeRabu, 08 April 2020 - 01:02 | 28.78k
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Dalgona coffee is now a new trend throughout the world, including Indonesia. Dalgona coffee is a drink from India, Pakistan, and Macau. Initially, this beverage was called as whipped coffee or beaten coffee. This drink started to gain its fame after many celebrities promote this trending beverage.
This beverage becomes viral after a South Korean actor, Jung Il Woo, visited Macau and tried this drink. He then named this dalgona to this drink as he thinks that the texture of this coffee resembles the Korean sponge candy with the same name.
This photogenic beverage is easy to make, with ingredients that are easy to find, such as coffee powder, sugar, and milk. That’s why, many people are interested in making this coffee.
Here is the easy recipe of Dalgona coffee that you can try at home, quoted from Dokter Sehat.
- 2 tbsp coffee powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 400 ml milk
- Pour instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water into a mixing bowl
- Use a mixer to mix them until it changes in color into light brown with creamy texture. If you do not have mixer, you can use egg whisk, spoon, or even tea strainer.
- Prepare the milk and pour it into a glass. Then, add the coffee cream mixture on it.
- Dalgona coffee can be served hot or cold. If you want to serve it hot, you can heat the milk first. If you want to serve it cold, you can put some ice cubes into the milk before adding the coffee cream on top of it.
- If you are not a sweet tooth, you can choose palm sugar over white sugar. The type of milk can also be adjusted to your preference. You may also choose low fat milk.
Now, Dalgona coffee is ready to enjoy. This internet’s favorite drink can be a good companion while you are #stayingathome. (*)
dalgona coffee Favorite Drink
|Publisher||: Lucky Setyo Hendrawan|